What is your deepest passion? Where does it intersect with our communities needs? The work of Fusion would not exist without our team of volunteers who work tirelessly to strengthen the lives of young people on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out our current volunteer roles at the Mornington Peninsula centre:
Please Note: If you are interested in a role please use the contact form below to contact us and an application form will be supplied. All roles require a current working with Children Check and Police Check.
12 months in our home with reviews every three months.
- Live on site in our Housing and Support Program, be available for two afternoons / evenings per week from 5pm – until 10am the following day, one Saturday night – Sunday afternoon per month and be involved in our monthly working bee (9am – 12pm) the first Saturday of every month.
- reside onsite and through the implementation of Pro Social Modelling Mentor young people to make positive choices and develop a productive life style.
- By sharing in community and maintaining the household alongside young people (through the performance tasks such as cooking, cleaning, gardening etc.) Lead Tenants are key to the programs delivery of Living skills training.
Digital Fundraising Support Worker
Seasonal, 4 hours a week
- manage online fundraising platform
- use CRM system to create event sign up pages
- Overseeing direct communications with fundraising event participants through the CRM
prior experience with a CRM preferred.
SIYC 2019 - Event Co-ordinator
6 months, 4 – 10 hours a week
- lead Sleep In Your Car Mornington Peninsula (SIYC) core team
- work with SIYC core team to produce detailed proposals for events (timelines, staffing and budget);
- work with SIYC core team to research venues and suppliers, and then negotiate prices and hire
SIYC 2019 - Event Manager
6 months, 4 – 10 hours a week
You will oversee the event management of Sleep In Your Car. This entails:
- manage and coordinate event logistics (overseeing event including set up and pack down, completing permit applications);
- manage and coordinate suppliers
- work with SIYC core team to improve or add value to event
event management or fundraising experience preferred.
4 – 6 hours a week
- Must have availabilities on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday or occasional Saturday
- Available to support school holiday camps
- Work with Fusion to deliver in schools and after school programs
Why volunteer with Fusion?
Fusion’s incredible history was made possible by ordinary people, stepping up to be counted. It’s amazing what community of dedicated and passionate people can do!
You’ll work at the heart of a movement of locals working to educate, accommodate, support and share life with vulnerable young people.
You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
At Fusion, you won’t just be doing the coffee runs. Volunteers have the opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge, collaborate on innovative programs, and enhance your resume. You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
Interested In Applying?
Want to be part of the team? Send us a message and we will send you a volunteer application form.
The position you’re after isn’t there? Let us know your skill set and the kind of position you are hoping for and we’ll get back to you!