What is your deepest passion? Where does it intersect with our communities needs? The work of Fusion would not exist without our team of volunteers who work tirelessly to strengthen the lives of young people on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out our current volunteer roles at the Mornington Peninsula centre:
Please Note: If you are interested in a role please use the contact form below to contact us and an application form will be supplied.
All roles require a current working with Children Check and Police Check.
Sleep In Your Car Co-ordinator
Seasonally 6 – 20 hours a week
Marketing & Fundraising at Fusion is a highly dynamic and innovative space which works towards growing Fusion’s impact by developing effective and sustainable revenue sources.
As Sleep In Your Car Co-ordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Networking with housing and marketing team to develop a vision for Sleep In Your Car 2017
- Enhance and Promote Sleep In Your Car on the Mornington Peninsula
- Logistical Management
- Leading a team of volunteers to prepare and execute Sleep In Your Car 2017
- Work with Fundraising and Resource Manager to Prepare and Execute Participant Recruitment Strategy
- Work with Fundraising and Resource Manager on Social Media Posts for Event
Special Events Team
Seasonally 4 – 10 hours a week
Join this exciting team for a range of event management tasks. Events include:
- Friends of Fusion
- Bright Run
- Sleep In Your Car
- Local Fundraisers
4 – 6 hours a week
- Work with Fusion’s media teams to design and create printed media
- develop online visual communication materials for social media platforms and website
2 hours a week or one day a month
- School’s work programs
- After School programs
- Planning Youth Events and Programs
2 – 4 hours a week
- writing and editing media releases
- lining up media engagement
- brainstorming communication processes and strategy with event team
Garden & Maintenance Hands
3 – 10 hours a fortnights
- basic maintenance
Home Beautification Team
Between 2 – 3 hours a fortnight
- make up rooms for young people to move into
- sorting cupboards
- dusting and refreshing the home
- adding a vase of flowers to a room
- set up care packs for young people
Why volunteer with Fusion?
Fusion’s incredible history was made possible by ordinary people, stepping up to be counted. It’s amazing what community of dedicated and passionate people can do!
You’ll work at the heart of a movement of locals working to educate, accommodate, support and share life with vulnerable young people.
You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
At Fusion, you won’t just be doing the coffee runs. Volunteers have the opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge, collaborate on innovative programs, and enhance your resume. You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
Interested In Applying?
Want to be part of the team? Send us a message and we will send you a volunteer application form.
The position you’re after isn’t there? Let us know your skill set and the kind of position you are hoping for and we’ll get back to you!