What is your deepest passion? Where does it intersect with our communities needs? The work of Fusion would not exist without our team of volunteers who work tirelessly to strengthen the lives of young people on the Mornington Peninsula.
Check out our current volunteer roles at the Mornington Peninsula centre:
Please Note: If you are interested in a role please use the contact form below to contact us and an application form will be supplied.
All roles require a current working with Children Check and Police Check.
Minimum stay of 12 months in our home with reviews every three months.
As a lead Tenant residing at Fusion Mornington your core role will be to share life with the young people residing within the program and demonstrate a positive and productive lifestyle through your own actions and conduct within our community. Lead Tenants live on site and must be available for two afternoons/ evenings per week from 5pm – until 10am the following day and one Saturday night to Sunday Afternoon per month.
As a Lead Tenant, you will:
- Help the implementation of Pro Social Modelling, Mentor young people to make positive choices and develop a productive life style
- Help manage Living Skills Program. By sharing in community and maintaining the household alongside young people (through the performance tasks such as cooking, cleaning, gardening etc.)
- Work in collaboration with the Case work Team and living skills Coordinator to encourage and assist young people to carry out the specific goals of their case plan.
- intentionally participate in fun activities / quality time with young people to foster a quality and positive living environment and experience of the program.
For a full job description use the contact form below to express interest.
4 – 6 hours a week
- Work with Fusion’s media teams to design and create printed media
- develop online visual communication materials for social media platforms and website
2 – 4 hours a week
- writing and editing media releases
- lining up media engagement
- brainstorming communication processes and strategy with event team
Work with the Media team to capture images that tell a story. Images of:
- Special Events
- Youth Programs
- Individuals who have chosen to share their story
Special Events Team
Seasonally 4 – 10 hours a week
Join this exciting team for a range of event management tasks. Events include:
- Friends of Fusion
- Bright Run
- Sleep In Your Car
- Local Fundraisers
Garden & Maintenance Hands
3 – 10 hours a fortnights
- basic maintenance
Why volunteer with Fusion?
Fusion’s incredible history was made possible by ordinary people, stepping up to be counted. It’s amazing what community of dedicated and passionate people can do!
You’ll work at the heart of a movement of locals working to educate, accommodate, support and share life with vulnerable young people.
You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
At Fusion, you won’t just be doing the coffee runs. Volunteers have the opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge, collaborate on innovative programs, and enhance your resume. You’ll gain invaluable skills and experience.
Interested In Applying?
Want to be part of the team? Send us a message and we will send you a volunteer application form.
The position you’re after isn’t there? Let us know your skill set and the kind of position you are hoping for and we’ll get back to you!